As of August 2019
Terms and conditions (German: AGB) of the private Studienkolleg Vladi in Karlsruhe
The following contractual conditions apply to the training contract between the course participant and the private Studienkolleg “Vladi” in Karlsruhe (hereinafter referred to as the private Studienkolleg “Vladi” or PSV):
§ 1. purpose of the courses
The PSV prepares course participants intensively for the external assessment test (hereinafter referred to as FSP). After completing our preparatory course, course participants can take the FSP in Cologne. Those course participants who successfully pass the FSP receive an FSP certificate recognised throughout Germany. With the certificate, course participants may apply for a study place at any university in Germany.
§ 2. content, duration, scope and location of the courses
M- and T-courses are offered:
- The T-course prepares students for a course of study in science and technology,
- The M course prepares course participants for a course of study in medicine, biology and pharmacy.
The contents of the courses are in accordance with the regulations of the local administration of Cologne.
The courses start twice a year in April and October. A course lasts 26 weeks including a one-week holiday period. Classes are usually held from Monday to Saturday. The duration of the course is planned in such a way that subsequent participation in the FSP is possible in principle. The registration for the FSP in Cologne is left to the participants themselves. The duration of the course can be adjusted if necessary, the content of the course remains unaffected.
The average course duration is 24 lessons per week of 45 minutes each. Certain adaptations according to the peculiarities of the respective week or the number of lecturers are possible. The total number of teaching hours in a course remains unaffected.
The courses are held at the premises in Karlstrasse 16b, 76133, Karlsruhe.
§ 3. booking conditions of the course
The booking of the corresponding course is done digitally by filling out the registration form. At the end of the registration form you will find these terms and conditions, the cancellation policy and the data protection declaration. These documents must be read, understood and accepted by the course participants:
AGB read and accepted
Cancellation policy read and accepted
The following documents must be uploaded in addition to credentials:
- Proof of knowledge of German (at least B1 certificate)
- Copy of secondary school leaving certificate
- passport copy
The invoice must be paid in full by the end of the 14-day period at the latest. After receipt of all course fees (including registration fee), the participant will receive the certificate of admission to the corresponding course by e-mail.
§ 4. conclusion of contract
The course booking represents a binding offer by the interested party to conclude a training contract. After registration, the course participant will receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail that the registration for the course has been received by PSV and will be processed within five working days. After the documents have been processed, the offer is either accepted or rejected and the interested party is informed about decision per e-mail. If the offer is accepted, the students will receive an e-mail confirming the booking with the invoice attached. The explicit confirmation (admission certificate) by the PSV constitutes acceptance of the contract so that the training contract between PSV and course participant is concluded.
§ 5. tuition fees
The tuition fee for the T-course is 3300 € (including 300 € registration fee). The total tuition fee for M-course is 3700 € (including 300 € registration fee).
The tuition fees must be paid within two weeks of receipt of the invoice. The entire amount, including all bank fees, is to be paid on the following account of the private Studienkolleg “Vladi”:
Recipient: Privates Studienkolleg Vladi in Karlsruhe
Bank: Sparkasse Karlsruhe
IBAN: DE43 6605 0101 1022 0584 22
Reference: Name of course participant, course name (T or M course), semester (WS – for winter semester, SS – for summer semester) and year. (Example: Max Mustermann, T-course WS 2019)
§ 6. duties of the private Studienkolleg “Vladi
The PSV undertakes to ensure that
- the syllabus is adhered to;
- the knowledge necessary to achieve the purpose of the course is imparted;
- in the event of the absence of a lecturer, substitution or catch-up lessons are provided;
- only those lecturers who are qualified to do so on the basis of their training and professional experience are appointed;
- the necessary equipment and premises are provided;
- provide participants with the learning materials required for the course.
§ 7. duties of the course participants
The course participants commit themselves,
- to pay the course fees according to § 5 in full and in due time;
- to participate regularly in the course and to constantly strive to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills as well as to conscientiously fulfil the tasks assigned to him/her and to contribute to his/her individual success;
- to follow the instructions of the teaching staff.
- not to disturb the teaching;
- to attend the class regualry. If the student is prevented from attending, he/she have to unsubscribe from the respective teacher.
- not to use violence against others or against the property of the Studienkolleg;
- not to disseminate discriminatory or radical ideas;
- not to participate in the course under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Learning success cannot be guaranteed and depends on the student’s performance and basic knowledge.
Copyright also prohibits the recording of classes and the distribution of teaching materials. Violations of this rule will result in warnings and fines.
§ 8. failure to issue a visa
If a student has not received the required student visa and is therefore unable to attend the booked course, he/she should inform PSV as soon as possible. Only in this case the booked course will be cancelled and the course fees (less a cancellation fee of 300 € and bank transfer costs) will be refunded. Such a cancellation is an exception, which is only limited to the case of missing visa issuance and is therefore not transferable to other circumstances.
However, special services requested by the course participant which go beyond the booked course participation (e.g. accommodation placement, university admission service and pre-departure training) are not refundable.
Any other case of cancellation of the contract and corresponding follow-up regulations must be carried out in accordance with the statutory regulations.
§ 9 Extraordinary termination of the training contract
Should the course participant violate German laws or commit an intolerable breach of the generally applicable ethical standards of conduct, PSV reserves the right to cancel the contract and to exclude the course participant from the course program. An important reason for extraordinary termination is in particular if the course participants do not fulfil their obligations under § 7.
A refund of the course fees is excluded in the event of extraordinary cancellation.
§ 10. data protection
The rights of the course participant to
- free information about the origin, recipient and purpose of your stored personal data,
- the rectification or erasure of such data,
- a right of appeal to the competent supervisory authority
For further details on the subject of data protection, please read our data protection declaration. Alternatively, you can contact us at any time at the address given in the imprint of the our webpage.
§ 11. effectiveness
The training contract is effective according to German law and is binding for both parties after acceptance of the contract. The contract is then valid without signature and seal.
Should one or more provisions of our GTC be invalid, this shall not invalidate the entire contract. The ineffective regulation is replaced by the relevant legal regulation.